Hi- I'm Monica!
Welcome to the Adventure
You probably saw my brief intro on the home page, but I’d like to tell you a little more about myself and my journey to becoming a mom.
I grew up with the most wonderful parents in the world. Ever since I was little, I’ve dreamed of being even half as good a mom as my mother has been to me. But, after being hospitalized twice as I battled anorexia in high school and then having two brain surgeries in college, I was told by many doctors that I would never be able to get pregnant. I cried many nights over the thought of never having kids. I thought I would never have the opportunity to impact another human the way my mom impacted me.
So, when all of the sudden I was nauseous and feeling like my chest had been run over by a truck I couldn’t believe it. It was very difficult timing in my life and was also the height of the pandemic. But, if we waited for the timing to be perfect to have kids, no one ever would. Kids require sacrifice. However, one that will be worth it.
Only days later, we went to get a sonogram and heard his heart beat for the first time. It was one of the most beautiful sounds I’d ever heard. I was scared, excited, and feeling just about every emotion.
As my tummy grew, we grew more busy and more in love with the beautiful life we had been given. Despite being labeled high risk due to my medical history and getting COVID 7 months pregnant, God blessed us with an amazing birth and a beautifully healthy baby.
My beautiful son was born and life instantly became even more beautiful.
10 Extremely Random & Fun Facts About Me
1.My husband and I met because someone I worked with got fired and he was hired in their place.
2. I won a contest to name two Crayola crayons when I was a kid. So, if you ever get the 120 pack or bigger, keep your eyes peeled for the mango tango and inchworm colors.
3. I played volleyball all through middle school, high school, and college. I started as a hitter (until everyone else grew). I quickly fell in love with the back row, as a libero or DS, for the remainder of my high school and college career.
4. A poem that I wrote in elementary school was published in the “Anthology of Poetry by Young Americans.“
5. My top favorite shows of all time are Psych, Grey’s Anatomy, and Monk. (I watched the first 11 seasons of Grey’s Anatomy in a 2 month time frame…I had just had brain surgery though to be fair.)
6. I feel the need to finish puzzles in a single day, but also stand firmly against any puzzle less than 500 pieces.
7. One of my absolute biggest pet peeves is when people pronounce the “G” at the end of “-ing” words…maybe it’s the teacher in me.
8. I find organizing something to be one of the biggest stress relievers there is.
9. My family had a pet tarantula when I was younger.
10. My first job ever was folding clothes at Kohls.